Wednesday, April 24, 2019
- Cyber attacks on India in last one year
- Brace for volatility! Sensex likely to be in 35,000-45,000 range in Samvat 2075: Poll
- Trump says he thinks US going to make trade deal with China
- Market Live: Indices recover after trading off high points; ICICI Bank extends gains to 6%
- What to eat before and after Gym workout
- Sale during prime day doubled against previous year: Amazon's Amit Agarwal
- Macquarie & Standard Chartered handpick 18 stocks in the October strategy report
- Market Live: D-Street off highs, Sensex up over 250 points; Nifty above 10,650
- Market Live: Nifty inches towards 10,600, Sensex up 250 pts; Infosys, Hero in focus ahead of Q2 nos
- Trump vows 'severe punishment' if journalist Jamal Khashoggi was killed by Saudis
Closing Bell: Sensex tanks 550 points as sell-off intensifies in late trade; metals shine
03 Oct 2018 : 08:41 Comments: 0 Views:
Balrampur Chini, Dhampur Sugar, Nalco, Gati, Hathway Cable, Tinplate and Indiabulls Real Estate rallied 4-20 percent.Benchmark indices extended losses in late trade as the Sensex closed below 36,000 and Nifty below 10,900 levels amid weakening rupee, higher crude oil prices and Italy crisis.
All sectoral indices ended in the red barring Metal while the Nifty Midcap index shed over a percent.
The 30-share BSE Sensex slipped 550.51 points or 1.51 percent to 35,975.63 and the 50-share NSE Nifty dipped 150 points or 1.36 percent to 10,858.30 but the market breadth remained in favour of advances.
About 1,444 shares advanced against 1,194 declining shares on the BSE.
Shriram Transport, Can Fin Homes, Reliance Nippon Asset Management, Muthoot Finance, Federal Bank, Jubilant Foodworks, Godrej Consumer, Dabur, GSK Consumer, Bata India, Godfrey Phillips, Ambuja Cements, Pidilite, Adani Enterprises and Apollo Tyres plunged 3-10 percent.
Balrampur Chini, Dhampur Sugar, Nalco, Gati, Hathway Cable, Tinplate and Indiabulls Real Estate rallied 4-20 percent.
Rupee Updates: After a sharp recovery of over 40 paise during the day Indian rupee is inching towards its all-time low of 73.41 per dollar touched in the early trade on Wednesday.
It is trading lower by 36 paise at around 73.27 per dollar.
Market Update: Bears took full control on the Dalal Street in the last hour of trade with Nifty fell 150 points and Sensex slipped below 36,000.
The Sensex is down 516.58 points at 36,009.56, while Nifty down 143.80 points at 10864.50. About 1447 shares have advanced, 1091 shares declined, and 593 shares are unchanged.
M&M, TCS, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank and Kotak Mahindra Bank are the top loser on the Sensex.
Reliance Industries clarifies on media report as company in talks to buy Hathway, that company unable to comment on media speculation and rumors and it would be inappropriate on our part to do so.
The company evaluates various opportunities on an ongoing basis.
There is no information which has not been announced to the stock exchanges and which should have been announced by the Company in terms of the SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015, it added.